Regarding the issue of instantiation, the recent GHZM quantum experiments
may be relevant as they imply a lack of a pre-existing reality.

Here is a rather long and technical argument that there is no pre-existing
reality.
http://motls.blogspot.com/2011/12/ghzm-experiment-and-indefensible.html#more

I provide below the first and last paragraphs in this argument. The last
paragraph explains what he means by pre-existing reality. In it he negates
MWI, all hidden variables theories and even classical physics.
Richard Ruquist
-----------------------------
  Lubos Motl:
 I want to go through the GHZM experiment again and somewhat carefully (and
in latex) and discuss the insanity of the assumptions about the laws of
Nature that are forced upon you if you want to believe in "realism", i.e.
the idea that the results of experiments (including those at the
microscopic level) reflect a pre-existing reality.
What I finally want to emphasize is that all this redundant and
"objectively real but totally unobservable" superstructure – from many
worlds to extra invisible Bohmian positions of particles (which can't help
in the case of spin or particle production, anyway) or other hidden
variables to GRW collapses prescribed from above – is only being invented
because certain people behave as bigots who are unable to admit that the
physics research in the 20th century has irreversibly falsified all
intrinsically classical models of the reality. All the new "fanciful stuff"
with tons of choices and processes (superluminal communication, preferred
frames, collapses, the length scale to which the GRW collapses shrink the
wave function, the frequency of such flashes etc.) that can never be
observed and with the infinite amount of fine-tuning and obfuscation that
is needed for it to fake the real, relativistic quantum world (to guarantee
that none of the new predictions is really observed) is only being proposed
because some people's bigotry has no limits. Their dogmas about "realism"
are more important for them than *any* amount of empirical evidence, more
important for them than everything that science has actually found.