On 2/5/2012 8:19 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
No. All universal numbers can interpret a number as a function on quantities, or as properties on quantities, which are not quantities themselves. Universal numbers can also transform, or interpret numbers as transformation of transformation, properties of properties, up in the constructive transfinite, etc. When the quantities can add and multiply, soon their attributes are beyond all quantities, and Löbian quantities are arguably already knowing that about themselves.

I don't understand this. Maybe I don't know what universal number is. I thought it was a number whose representation in digits was such that every number appeared in the representation. But I don't understand how such number does things: transform, interpret,...