On 30 Aug 2012, at 20:01, meekerdb wrote:

On 8/29/2012 11:19 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

I might write a longer comment, but I will be a bit busy those days.

Here are some references on the fact that cannabis can cure cancer:

Cannabis selectively target cancerous cell, and makes them auto- phage (eating themselves):

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/37948    (original spain paper)

And we know that since 1974. When I read that in Jack Herer book, I did'nt belive it, until the spanish rediscovered this:

http://www.mapinc.org/newstcl/v01/n572/a11.html

http://www.safeaccess.ca/research/cancer.htm

http://www.gsalternative.com/2010/05/cannabinoids-kill-cancer/

I see I was too quick in my skepticism about cannabis affecting cancer.

Quentin, did you mix cannabis with tobacco? With alcohol. Those combination are known to be addictive, but there is no statistical evidences for cannabis alone. I agree with you Quentin, it uses can be dangerous, but the use of windows too.

Brent, there are no evidences that cannabis is a problem for lungs. The one found have been debunked:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

I never supposed it did. I just supposed that drawing smoke in your lungs probably isn't good for them.

Actually we have good reason to suspect the presence of strong oncogen (inducing cancer) molecules in the cannabis tar. The cannabis tar is indeed quite dangerous in that respect when studied ... in vitro. But then when statistics are done on large human pot smokers population, not only cancers don't show up, but a reduction of cancer is observed. The probable explanation is that some cannabinoids are more effective against cancer than the oncogen molecules.

By googling on cannabis cancer, you will more information. I count up to 173 cancers where cannabinoids can help to cure. Many youtbe video provides indivvidual witnessing also, notably on babies like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcI5tWYr6do

In this case it appears that the main effect of the cannabis was as anti-nausea, which of course helps to cure the cancer, while there were a half-dozen other drugs that might have killed the cancer cells.

It is hard to derive a general proposition from one case. You might be right, but it seems that THC injection might just be more efficacious against cancer than chemo and radio therapies.

Some plant like cannabis and salvia seems to have strong beneficial influence of the immune system, but of course we have still a lot to learn. From 1800 to 1900, it seems that most medication was based on hemp, and that might be true since a much longer time.

The illegality of cannabis is a recent phenomenon, entirely based on lies. It is not more dangerous than beer, and actually much less dangerous. People habituated to cannabis does not get problem with liver, blood, brain, etc. It is, as an inebriant, *much safer than alcohol.

Anyway, drugs problem is a problem of health, not of criminality. Addiction is easy to cure, when you don't make the cure illegal, like in the US and Belgium, where Tabernanthe iboga is illegal, despite one session with it cures addiction. Prohibition leads to corruption and black money addiction. It is a killer of democracy.

Bruno