2012/8/31 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>

> On 30 Aug 2012, at 20:01, meekerdb wrote:
>
>  On 8/29/2012 11:19 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
> I might write a longer comment, but I will be a bit busy those days.
>
>  Here are some references on the fact that cannabis can cure cancer:
>
>  Cannabis selectively target cancerous cell, and makes them auto-phage
> (eating themselves):
>
>  http://www.jci.org/articles/view/37948    (original spain paper)
>
>  And we know that since 1974. When I read that in Jack Herer book, I
> did'nt belive it, until the spanish rediscovered this:
>
>   http://www.mapinc.org/newstcl/v01/n572/a11.html
>
>  http://www.safeaccess.ca/research/cancer.htm
>
>   http://www.gsalternative.com/2010/05/cannabinoids-kill-cancer/
>

> I see I was too quick in my skepticism about cannabis affecting cancer.
>

>  Quentin, did you mix cannabis with tobacco? With alcohol. Those
> combination are known to be addictive, but there is no statistical
> evidences for cannabis alone. I agree with you Quentin, it uses can be
> dangerous, but the use of windows too.
>
>  Brent, there are no evidences that cannabis is a problem for lungs. The
> one found have been debunked:
>

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html
>

> I never supposed it did.  I just supposed that drawing smoke in your lungs
> probably isn't good for them.
>

> Actually we have good reason to suspect the presence of strong oncogen
> (inducing cancer) molecules in the cannabis tar. The cannabis tar is indeed
> quite dangerous in that respect when studied ... in vitro. But then when
> statistics are done on large human pot smokers population, not only cancers
> don't show up, but a reduction of cancer is observed. The probable
> explanation is that some cannabinoids are more effective against cancer
> than the oncogen molecules.

Well I still remain perplex, because the most common usage is joint with
mixing tobacco, what sort of cannabis smocker are taken in those studies ?
How does they choose/find them ? Are those studies representative of the
cannabis smockers ?

Lot of people who smockes cannabis, smockes also cigarettes, does it affect
the result ?

Prohibition is bad, not because "cannabis" could cure cancer, it's bad
because it destroy live for stupid reasons.

Quentin