On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:09:05 AM UTC-4, Alberto G.Corona wrote:

> Craig:
>
> I just wanted to summarize the evolutionary reasons why idividuality
> exist, (no matter if individuality is a cause or an effect of phisical
> laws).  I did an extended account of this somewhere else in this list.
> I do not accept normative as distinct from objective. this is the fallacy
> of the naturalistic fallacy.

I don't have any particular opinion about individuality. It seems like a
more advanced topic. I am more interested in the very primitive basics of
what consciousness actually is. Individuality, personality, human
psychology...that's calculus. I am looking at multiplication and division.
What I can see is that awareness seems ambivalent to the notion of
individuality. Altered states of consciousness, mob mentality, mass
hypnosis...it's not a well defined concept for me yet.

> Psychopathy (not in the abstract sense, but in the real sense with wich it
> appear in humans)  exist just because exist morality. It is an exploitation
> of morality for selfish purposes. Therefore it can be considered a morality
> effect. it would be non adaptive, and therefore unexistent, if there were
> no moral beings.

You don't need to be immoral or unintelligent to be a psychopath. I agree
with Roger that consciousness does not depend on morality (however I think
that morality is an extension of significance, which is analogous to
density or gravity but in the temporal-figurative sense).

Craig