the subject is preceived as singular because it has memory. It has memory because it is intelligent and social. thereforre it is moral. therefore it needs memory to give and take account of its debts and merits with others.

Hi Albert,

Memory is necessary but not sufficient. It the the content of memory and how it is sequentially ordered that matters. "I am what I remember myself to be."

This singularity is by definition because no other lived the same life of ourselves.

No, because we could never know that for sure. It is singular in the sense of "only I can know what it is like to be me" is exactly true for each and every one of us. The result is that I cannot know what it is like to be you.

But up to a point it is not essential. We can be made accustomed to other ourselves. Most twins consider each other another self. We could come to consider normal to say hello to our recently created clones. Although this probably will never happen.

Please elaborate! Try to speculate a situation where it might occur. There is something important to this!