From: Alberto G. Corona
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-29, 12:02:39
Subject: Re: Re: Re: No Chinese Room Necessary

You said that you perceive. Now you mean that you reflect on yourself. And I
must believe so.

It is theoretically possible to do a robot that do so as well in very
sophisticated ways.

I agree with you that robots are zombies, but  some day, like in the novels of
Stanislav Lem, they may adquire political rights and perhaps they could demand
you for saying so. ;)

Note that all the time, like in any normal conversation we are obviating deep
statements of faith:

Are you a person?  a robot? an Lutheran robot? . An atheist robot that is
trying to persuade us that intelligent robots don't exist?. A....

The conclusions are very very different depending of which of these possible
alternatives we choose.