On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  Hi Craig Weinberg
>
> If someone they love dies of cancer, their survivors
> sometimes say it was God's will.
>
> I don't think so. God didn't kill the patient, the
> cancer did.
>
> God fights for life, which is what goodness aims for.

Cancer aims for death. So a battle goes on in every cancer
> patient.

No, cancer is life, just not the life of the individual. The interesting
thing about telomerase is that it shows that by inhibiting the shortening
of telomeres, you increase longevity, but you also cause cancer because
cells keep reproducing instead of dying.

> Another way to look at this is that Adam and Eve
> sinned and were cursed by God (who also curssed the earth)
> cast out of Eden.  So we all are sinners, all have some
> corruption in us to begin with. Cancer just causes that to grow.

What about the curse of religion? The Inquisition and Crusades? The
atrocities of missionaries?

http://karsevakindia.blogspot.com/2011/05/partial-history-of-christian-missionary.html

At least Cancer doesn't pretend to be good for you.

Craig