On 11 Sep 2012, at 15:30, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi Craig Weinberg

All evil and suffering are caused either by men and by natural
catastrophe. Men have free will, so they can do evil.
Nature must follow the laws of physics etc.

The evil actions are referred to as under God's permissible will.
But yes since God causes everything to happen, he must
reluctantly cause and permit evil as well.  But don't forget
that he also causes god, so as long as it isn't too far
advanced, and God operates to enhance life, he (in
the form of your fatih) can help cure the cancer.

Cancer is nature. Why can God help cure it but not violate the laws that cause the conditions that lead to cancer?

All the evidences are that God created cannabis to cure cancer. Or if you prefer there has been a plausible coevolution of mammals and plants, until big pharma decided it can do better than the millions years experience of grandma.

I oversimplified to be short, hope you get the idea. The case of pharma is a case where "aritificial medication" has been imposed through lies, to some extent.

Cancer might be a result of the human lack of rigor in the human science, notably due in part to that separation between science and religion.

Bruno

Craig

Leibniz also struggled with this problem as well as Augustine.
Leibniz said that since God created the world an God is Good,
the world he created is the best possible one. Augustine
said that evil or suffering always results (somewhere, sometime)
in the best result. Paul said that as well.

"Kim, like the great Gatsby, Kim believes in the green light, the orgiastic future -- he believes in a magical universe of unpredictable spontaneous, alive -- a universe where anything is possible. A universe of many gods, often in conflict, so the paradox of an all-knowing, all-powerful god, who nonetheless permits suffering, evil, and death does not arise. "We've got a famine here, Osiris -- what happened?" "Well, you can't win them all, I'm hustling myself." "Can you give us immortality?" "I can give you an extension, maybe, take you as far as the first checkpoint -- you'll have to make it from there on your own. Most of them don't, figure about one in a million, and biologically speaking, that's very good odds."

 - William S. Burroughs

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/11/2012
so that everything could function."