From: Alberto G. Corona
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-12, 09:25:00
Subject: Re: Re: victims of faith

But unextended objects according with S. T. Aquinas exist in our mind and are
reasonable, that is they are absent from contradictions, that is according with
the facts of reality, which for Aquinas is part of the Revelation, which has
two sides: the Natural Revelation ( The creation: Nature) and the Written
Revelation: The bible

Many facts of Natural Revelation suggest that the Creator proceed by evolution,
by a complex process called popularly "natural selection", and NS have rules
that affect how behaviours and mental process work in humans and other animals
(according with Aquinas, men and animals share the animal substance).  NS
assures that what we perceive is "in relation" a external physical reality, but
it is NOT the external physical reality.

In other words, the architecture of the mind, and the concepts that we manage
are created to deal with the phisical reality trough our mental image of
reality that the mind produces. We can not access the "physical reality"
directly. Therefore every object is first and foremost, mental, included the
extensional objects. The reality is therefore, mental. Therefore, any
definition of Existence and Truth is  in terms of mental categories. So both
extensional and unextensional objects are subject of study of a science of the
mind under the hypothesis that the mind and the external reality have such
relation that I expressed, given the facts that Natural Revelation show to
science, And  the fact that according with Aquinas, God is perfect and because
it is a perfect being could not falll in irrationalities nor in breakings of
cause-effect. Therefore an evolutionary study of religion is a legitimate part
of Natural Theology.