From: Alberto G. Corona
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-12, 07:22:14
Subject: Re: victims of faith

Note that the natural definition of Truth and reality that arises from a
evolutionarily-informed theory of biology psichology and sociology
(sociobiology) is very simple: True and existent is whatever that make
individuals and groups to be successful. Men and women "exist in reality" as
objects of perception because these objects and their behaviours have a big
importance for our survival, so we have specialized circuits for perceiving and
thinking about them. The more circuits for processing something, the more true
and "existent in reality" is.

My social capital psychology theory postulates that we have a way to assess, in
advance, how good the consequences of an idea are for us and for our group.
?his instinctive evaluation determines if an idea is good and therefore, if it
is true(given the above). This evaluation of an idea depend o its intrinsic
explanatory power, but also in how this idea make our ?roup strong and
coordinated in relation with others. This applies to any kind of idea:
scientific, religious or whatever.

Both factors, explanatory power and social capital potential may collide, but
by far the social capital component is the most important in human life. We do
not spent much time discussing about the spin of the electron, because the
explanatory power is easy to assess. But we make wars when there is a collision
of ideas with social capital implied like "all men are equal under the law, the
individual has the right to seek happiness for himself" and ?"another world of
equality and happiness is possible if we remove the social obstacles for human
development"

?ood and Truth is the same in many phylosophical systems.?
A group and its associated beliefs works as an insurance company. In essence
the rational risk analysis of a client before signing a contract with an
insurance company is similar to the evaluation of the beliefs of a
group?lthough in this case it is unconscious and produces sentiments of
conversion, goodness and truthfulness.