Hi Roger,

Hear Hear! Peirce is the best to see the basic ideas and hints on how to extend them. ;-)

On 9/13/2012 6:14 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Alberto G. Corona
Exactly.
The raw perception is also what Peirce calls Firstness.
Secondness is consciousness or internal reflection by mind to "make sense" of the perception
    in terms of what we know.
Then Thirdness should be the recognition or naming of that image.
Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
9/13/2012
so that everything could function."

    *From:* Alberto G. Corona <mailto:agocor...@gmail.com>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-09-12, 09:25:00
    *Subject:* Re: Re: victims of faith

    But unextended objects according with S. T. Aquinas exist in our
    mind and are reasonable, that is they are absent from
    contradictions, that is according with the facts of reality, which
    for Aquinas is part of the Revelation, which has two sides: the
    Natural Revelation ( The creation: Nature) and the Written
    Revelation: The bible

    Many facts of Natural Revelation suggest that the Creator proceed
    by evolution, by a complex process called popularly "natural
    selection", and NS have rules that affect how behaviours and
    mental process work in humans and other animals (according with
    Aquinas, men and animals share the animal substance).  NS assures
    that what we perceive is "in relation" a external physical
    reality, but it is NOT the external physical reality.

    In other words, the architecture of the mind, and the concepts
    that we manage are created to deal with the phisical reality
    trough our mental image of reality that the mind produces. We can
    not access the "physical reality" directly. Therefore every object
    is first and foremost, mental, included the extensional objects.
    The reality is therefore, mental. Therefore, any definition of
    Existence and Truth is  in terms of mental categories. So both
    extensional and unextensional objects are subject of study of a
    science of the mind under the hypothesis that the mind and the
    external reality have such relation that I expressed, given the
    facts that Natural Revelation show to science, And  the fact that
    according with Aquinas, God is perfect and because it is a perfect
    being could not falll in irrationalities nor in breakings of
    cause-effect. Therefore an evolutionary study of religion is a
    legitimate part of Natural Theology.

    2012/9/12 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net
    <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>>

        Hi Alberto G. Corona

        Scientific truth is truth about extended (physical) objects

        Religious or humanistic truth is truth about inextended
        (nonphysical) objects.

        Period.

        Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
        9/12/2012