On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Darwin does not need to be wrong. Consciousness role can be deeper, in
> the "evolution/selection" of the laws of physics from the coherent dreams
> (computations from the 1p view) in arithmetic.

I have no idea what that means, not a clue, but I do know that Evolution
can't select for something it can't see, and I do know that Evolution can
see intelligence because it produces behavior.  Evolution can't see
consciousness directly any better than we can, so if it produced it (and it
did unless Darwin was dead wrong) then consciousness MUST be a byproduct of
something that it can see.

  John K Clark