From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-10-22, 13:18:13
Subject: Re: Continuous Game of Life

Hi Roger,

You just describe the non-comp conviction. You don't give any
argument. With comp, you are the owner of an infinity of machine, it
does not matter if it is in silicon or carbon, as long as the
components do the right relative things in the most probable history.

You are just insulting many creatures just by referring to their 3p
shapes. You are not cautious. You might insult God in the process.
Certainly so in case they are conscious, imo.

Any way, strong AI is the hypothesis that machine can be conscious.
Comp is the assumption that your body behave locally like a machine,
so that you might change it in some futures.

Bruno