2012/11/8 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>

>  On 11/8/2012 1:58 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>

>  On 07 Nov 2012, at 19:25, meekerdb wrote:
>
>  On 11/7/2012 7:53 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
> How can you be in two places at once ?
>

> Your soul, or 1p-you, cannot.
>

> A viewpoint implies a certain place, but I don't see that one can only be
> conscious of one place at a time.  Consider the operator in Florida who is
> operating a drone over Afghanistan.  His consciousness is aware of both
> places at once.
>

>  OK, and with the TV or the net, in that sense most of us are aware of
> many places at once, but not in a sense relevant for the 1-indeterminacy
> question, I think.
>

> But I think it could be.  If the drone pilot were in a more immersive
> simulation he might just shift his attention from Afgahnistan to Florida
> the same as shifting your attention from your desk to your monitor.  While
> his body would have a definite location, his consciousness would not.

As you point yourself by using the words "shifting your attention", the
conscionsness still has a definite location depending on where the
attention of the drone pilot is. He is either focusing on the Afgahnistan
environment or Florida, not both, at no moments he feels to be at two
places at once (I can't imagine what it could be).

Quentin