On 11/8/2012 1:58 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 07 Nov 2012, at 19:25, meekerdb wrote:

On 11/7/2012 7:53 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
How can you be in two places at once ?

Your soul, or 1p-you, cannot.

A viewpoint implies a certain place, but I don't see that one can only be conscious of one place at a time. Consider the operator in Florida who is operating a drone over Afghanistan. His consciousness is aware of both places at once.

OK, and with the TV or the net, in that sense most of us are aware of many places at once, but not in a sense relevant for the 1-indeterminacy question, I think.

But I think it could be. If the drone pilot were in a more immersive simulation he might just shift his attention from Afgahnistan to Florida the same as shifting your attention from your desk to your monitor. While his body would have a definite location, his consciousness would not.