On Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:48:45 AM UTC-5, Alberto G.Corona wrote:

> so awareness and intention are before biology, so you seem to admit a
> teleology before life, like me.

Teleology and teleonomy both predate life. They are what time is made of.

> I don`t find this incompatible with natural selection (or evolution, as
> left-leaning people likes to call it)

Hahaha, I wasn't aware that the very term evolution was now politicized.
Actually it looks like Darwin preferred another term:

Charles Darwin used the word only once, in the closing paragraph of "The
> Origin of Species" (1859), and preferred descent with modification, in
> part because evolution already had been used in the 18c. homunculus
> theory of embryological development (first proposed under this name by
> Bonnet, 1762), in part because it carried a sense of "progress" not found
> in Darwin's idea. But Victorian belief in progress prevailed (along with
> brevity), and Herbert Spencer and other biologists popularized evolution.
>
> http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=evolution

So the reason that evolution was not Darwin's choice is precisely because
he understood that it is not teleological.

> . You seem to admit natural selection up to a point but you reject it when
> we are talking to sensible human things like the sexual roles.

Yes, natural selection only shapes things that already exist, it doesn't
bring awareness or qualities of awareness into existence.

> You enjoy the fact that NS made female hyenas to behave in some
> politically correct ways (it seems). but you reject that NS selection make
> female humans behave  as is in almost all the rest of the animal kingdom.
> That´t funny.

I think it's funny that you think I'm citing some evidence supporting a
left wing agenda. I'm only showing you that gender is not written in stone.
It's something that most people are already aware of - although if you are
over 60 then you have an excuse.

Craig