On Friday, December 14, 2012 8:54:39 AM UTC-5, Alberto G.Corona wrote:

> 2012/12/14 Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
>

>> On Friday, December 14, 2012 8:14:01 AM UTC-5, Alberto G.Corona wrote:
>>>
>>> I may be between both of you.
>>> I don´t think that the hate in progressives is constitutive or inherent.
>>>
>>> I think that his hate of what is held a good beatiful and true is a
>>> consequence of his belief in a more perfect ggood, bbeatiful and ttrue, and
>>> our currently held concepts are an obstacle.
>>>

>>> I put double initial letters because for the progressives there is no
>>> Good, Beatiful and True, but a progress with no end.
>>>

>> When should progress have ended? 1950? 1850? 200 BC?
>>

> Dear Craig:
>
> One thing is material progress and progress in knowledge. Another thing is
> the progressive worldview. The second is what we are talking about, I guess.
>
> I can not believe that you are so brainless as to mix  both

If only I could believe that you had the equivalent capacity that you
cannot have the one without the other.

>>> Conservatives, like me, believe that God Beatiful and True exist, and
>>> our lowecase conceptions reflect them.
>>>

>> Human beings like me have seen the evidence that Conservative attitudes
>> prevent progress and try to contribute to recovering progress from
>> regressive, fear-based oligarchies.
>>
>> This response is the hallmark of a progressive worldview, and adhere
> perfectly to my definition: Hate to the established and aim to his
> destruction because it is an obstacle for something better that still don´t
> exist. But no matter what is it, progress will bring  it. That´s their core
> believef.

Without it, there can be no progress. You want to enjoy the fruits of
progress from past progressive efforts while denying those same efforts
validity in your own time. That seems hypocritical to me, but then, my view
of conservatism generally agrees with the recent study which found as
follows:

"Four researchers who culled through 50 years of research literature about
> the psychology of conservatism report that at the core of political
> conservatism is the resistance to change and a tolerance for inequality,
> and that some of the common psychological factors linked to political
> conservatism include:
>
>    - Fear and aggression
>    - Dogmatism and intolerance of ambiguity
>    - Uncertainty avoidance
>    - Need for cognitive closure
>    - Terror management
>
> *http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2003/07/22_politics.shtml*
>

> That´s why the progressives hate any constraint, any law any definition
> that fixes things once and for all.

That's because it is their job to represent the reality that nothing in the
universe is fixed once and for all - except the universe itself.

> Of course Craig, this is not against you. I love you. It is against the
> progressive belief, which is a destructive one.  Accept conservatism and be
> happy ;). Just a joke.

Haha. thanks, I love you all too. Is there a similar study by a
conservative university which suggests that progressives have 'beliefs'
which are destructive? Or are there any universities with a Conservative
reputation which you would not be ashamed to mention? Most Conservative
studies seem to be conducted by well funded hate groups, er, think tanks.
;) Not really a joke, but intended without offense.

Craig