On 18 Dec 2012, at 00:02, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Stathis Papaioannou
<stath...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
Whoops ! Big mistake.

I had the gini index backwards.
1 means total inequality, not equality of income.
So things are getting worse in america instead of better.
And there's more equality of income in europe than here.

Good to see people admitting when they make a mistake. The next step
would be admitting that one has been out-argued, but I can't recall
this ever happening in an online forum.

As a further point, I'm not sure the recent political discussion is in
keeping with the purpose of this list.

I agree. Hope it is just a christmas, or end-of-the world (chose your religion), kind of temporary fantasy.