2013/1/10 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>

>  On 1/10/2013 11:37 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>
> It's not working just fine if *repeated* occurence of such *extremelly low
> probability* occurs.
>
>
> But that's exactly what happens in you hypothetical MWI example.
>

Yes and MWI is "saved" because in MWI it does happen... leaving you with
two rationale choice, MWI or a new theory, in that setting QM+collapse
should be be ignored *unless* a good explanation principle is given.

>
>
> If you say it's fine, then you're simply saying probability is
> meaningless. I wonder what measurement you'll accept to falsify a theory ?
>
>
> The theory is in how the probability is calculated.  I'd regard that
> theory, QM, as falsified in your examples.  In fact that has been used
> (wrongly I think) as a criticism of MWI since it implies infinitely many
> worlds where QM has been empirically falsified.
>
> Brent
>
>
> Regardsn
> Quentin
>
> 2013/1/10 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>
>
>>  You can as well say collapse is saved because P=10^-6 > 0 and so
>> probability calculus is working just fine.  Collapse and MWI use the same
>> probability calculus.
>>
>> Brent
>>
>>
>> On 1/10/2013 10:42 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>>
>>  Yes but in QM + collapse it is a potentiality which happen according to
>> the probability in mwi it is a proportion, it always happen. If the event
>> always happen your prior probability calculus is severly broken.  Mwi is
>> saved because in mwi probability are not about happening but are
>> proportions in qm+collapse it is about happening.
>> Quentin
>> Le 10 janv. 2013 19:34, "meekerdb" <meeke...@verizon.net> a écrit :
>>
>>>  On 1/10/2013 7:37 AM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>>>
>>> No, I say it can no more happen in collapse theory without *a very good*
>>> explanation principle. I'm sorry but if the theory predict it happens with
>>> a 1/10⁹ probability of occurence and every time you test it, it happens...
>>> I'd say your prior probability calculus is screwed, so without a *good*
>>> explanation, your theory can be said to be falsified. As I said, the *good*
>>> explanation with MWI is that *it does* happen.
>>>
>>>
>>> But MWI also predicts P=10^-6.
>>>
>>> Brent
>>>  --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "Everything List" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>>
>> No virus found in this message.
>>
>> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
>>  Version: 2013.0.2890 / Virus Database: 2637/6023 - Release Date:
>> 01/10/13
>>
>>
>>   --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2013.0.2890 / Virus Database: 2637/6023 - Release Date: 01/10/13
>
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.
>



-- 
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en.

Reply via email to