On 25 Jan 2013, at 20:52, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Friday, January 25, 2013 2:16:02 PM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 24 Jan 2013, at 22:03, Jason Resch wrote:

John,

I agree with Craig. The concept of divine simplicity exists in several religions ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_simplicity ).

Little numbers can develop crazy complex behaviors, and with comp they can support (locally) rich inner experiences. The difficulty relies in the first person statistical fitness with the probable universal neighbors. (As you can guess).

Makes me think of superfluid helium...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z6UJbwxBZI

As simplicity approaches the absolute (and -271K He is an interesting range of simplicity in matter) it seems to expose the hidden complexity of our expectations for what is minimal. Of course, I point to this to show again that arithmetic truth and information float on the surface of an ocean of permanent and expanding sensory depth.

I would like a semi-axiomatic definition of "sensory", to make this more palatable. I try to get a theory of sense, and I can't take that notion for granted, even if I agree that from the 1p pov, it looks like primitive (but that the comp theory can already explained why).

Bruno

Craig