On Friday, January 25, 2013 2:16:02 PM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2013, at 22:03, Jason Resch wrote:
>
> John,
>
> I agree with Craig.  The concept of divine simplicity exists in several
> religions ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_simplicity ).
>

> Little numbers can develop crazy complex behaviors, and with comp they can
> support (locally) rich inner experiences.
> The difficulty relies in the first person statistical fitness with the
> probable universal neighbors. (As you can guess).

Makes me think of superfluid helium...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z6UJbwxBZI

As simplicity approaches the absolute (and -271K He is an interesting range
of simplicity in matter) it seems to expose the hidden complexity of our
expectations for what is minimal. Of course, I point to this to show again
that arithmetic truth and information float on the surface of an ocean of
permanent and expanding sensory depth.

Craig