Hi meekerdb

1. Luther hated jews, but he had nothing to do with the extermination of the
jews.

2. You have to have faith in God, not somethning else.

From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-25, 16:42:44
Subject: Re: Martin Luther on Rationality

On 1/25/2013 4:14 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi John Clark,
?
Other than Luther's ancient views on astronomy, and only with regard to
salvation or damnation,?s??odern Lutheran I agree with everything Luther said,
although I might temper down his invective, which was intended for the Pope.
In that spirit, everything Luther said was correct and still is.
?
Outside of science, true stupidity is to rely only on reason.?
Faith opens the inner eye, which science wants to blind.

That must be the eye with which Luther saw the extermination of the Jews.? It
certainly wasn't the eye science.

So it is said that with faith, you have everything, without faith
you have nothing.

With faith you have any belief you want.

Brent
?e were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have
therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not
merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.?
?? ---Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Berlin on 24 Oct. 1933