Brent:
you do beware of the "leader" - "follower" position. If a leader actively
also empowers the follower then (s)he may be responsible for anything that
happens in such empoweredness. Luther conscience-wise, Hitler
materially/organizationally empowered the followers. The 'leader' of the
KKK, or the NRA is responsible for crimes committed in their empowerment.
The 'judge' is not the killer of the executed criminal, but responsible for
the killing - although many systems give the judge impunity for mistakes.
How about wars?

I take exception to 'poverty' not being a forced oppression: in many
systems the 'upper class' rich people deprive the 'lower class' paupers of
means to elevate economically, although cute scientists explain such
development as a rightful evolution in society. They lie.
When Boehner urges tax-cuts for the super-rich and deep cuts in benefits
for poor people (and succeeds) that is willful oppression. He personally
may not push a slum-kid into hunger - or crime, but IS responsible
nonetheless.
I was an underdog under both Nazis and Commis, I know what it feels to be
forcibly oppressed. NG!

JohnM