On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:46:09 PM UTC-4, John Clark wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
> This to me is revealing of the overall decline of science as tool of
>> Enlightenment into it's corrupt, indulgence-selling era.
>>

> Yes, what's killing the Enlightenment is the lack of papers about
> astrology and numerology, so Nature and Science need to start publishing
> some.

There is nothing in numerology or astrology which is even remotely as flaky
as modern cosmology. Our current understanding of nature is a way to make a
lot of incompatible equations make sense by dismantling the reality of what
those equations were supposed to describe.

>> > The same thing can be seen with universities, as the prestige brand
>> institutions are elevated beyond the reach of anyone but the most
>> overprepared students
>>

> Yes, Harvard Yale and Princeton need to start picking stupider students,
> that will get the Enlightenment going again!

Being overprepared is not about being intelligent, it is about being well
financed and well chaperoned. Just ask Yale alum, George W. Bush.

Craig