On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 12:43:08 PM UTC-4, John Clark wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 John Mikes <jam...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
> > Experimental evidence is a fairy-tale
> Craig Weinberg and perhaps others on this list think so too, are you also
> a fan of astrology and numerology as he is? I'd really like to know so I
> could best allocate my time.

If you don't look at the evidence, then you won't know one way or the
other. You would rather believe that phenomena such as human character and
personality can only be a random consequence of unrelated mechanisms. Real
astrology and numerology studies patterns derived from names and numbers
and claims that there is some very specific and understandable coherence
there. I tend to agree, though not in a causal way. You violently disagree,
yet without any understanding of what you are disagreeing with, except for
a caricature of astrology as fortune telling in idiotic magazines and
newspaper columns. You think that you are a champion for science and
reason, but actually you give them a bad name, polluting them beyond
recognition with ignorance and intolerance. Your attitude is the same
attitude of fundamentalism and the attitude which causes people to reject
science and turn to fundamentalism.