On 04 Oct 2013, at 20:00, meekerdb wrote:

On 10/4/2013 7:39 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Physical time, on the contrary is most plausibly a quantum notion, and should normally emerge (assuming comp) from the interference of all computations + the stable first person (plural) points of view.

I don't think physical time is even a single concept. There is "t" that goes in the equations, there is a general relativistic time- like killing vector, there is the direction of increase of local entropy, there is expansion of the universe,... A lot of interesting questions in physics arise from studying how these relate to one another.

I agree. Here by physical time I was thinking of the "t" in the time dependent Schroedinger equation. It might be, already in physics, a dispensable parameter (like in DeWitt-Wheeler equation H = 0). All notions of time must be recovered from 0, 1, 2, 3, ... + addition + multiplication (+ the points of view, but they are derived).