2013/10/29 John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> If John Clark was lying and Bruno  has not changed his mind and "you"
>>> is still "the guy(s) who will remember having been in Helsinki" then it is
>>> beyond dispute that YOU will see BOTH Moscow AND Helsinki.
>>>

>> > It is correct from 3rd POV,
>>

> Yes.
>
> > not from 1st POV...
>>

> Bruno asked me "Do you think that you die in a self-duplication
> experience?" and I said that depends on what the meaning of "you" is. Bruno
> responded with "We have already agree that "you" concerns the guy(s) who
> will remember having been in Helsinki", and that was fine with me because
> that is the meaning of the personal pronoun "you" that I like best. So I
> answered Bruno's question  in a clear no nonsense way, I said "no, I don't
> think you die in a self-duplication experience". In those circumstances and
> given Bruno's definition of the pronoun what answer would you give?

That I don't die.

> Then Bruno started putting all sorts of additional caveats and
> restrictions on the meaning of "you" that were very unclear.

He did not...

> So apparently we HAVEN'T already agree that "you" concerns the guy(s) who
> will remember having been in Helsinki.

That has *always* been the definition.

> It was at this point that I said Bruno was backpedaling and you started
> screaming personal insults.

He never did.

> > same thing in MWI. In MWI, you'll see from 1st POV *one* definite result,
>>

> No. If MWI is correct then there are TWO 1st POV and you sees *two*
> definite results,

No *each you* sees only *one* result.

> and every experiment ever performed has only produced half the amount of
> information needed to disprove it.

The only question ask is the probability you see moscow (resp. washington)
likewise in MWI the question ask is the probality you see spin up...
Answering 100% is simply false from 1st POV as can be seen by lookint at
the diary.

> True you see only spin up but if MWI is correct you has been duplicated
> and we haven't heard what that other fellow saw yet.

We don't care, if you accept probability with MWI so should you in the
self-duplication thought experiment, and that's the only of step 3 and
always have been.

Quentin