On 26 Nov 2013, at 18:56, John Clark wrote:

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Atheism is also the belief in NO afterlife,

Those are 2 separate ideas and there is no reason they must be linked. There could be a God and no afterlife or a afterlife and no God; or neither could exist or both could.

If you are able to conceive a god without afterlife, it means you can conceive a non Christian God, which is nice, but contradicts the main atheist statements you already did in preceding conversations.

We might try to decide on a definition of "atheism", as that notion is very unclear, and I have rarely obtain a definition on which atheists agreed.

I use "God" in the greek sense of Truth (the one that we can search about us, or hope or fear, in life and afterlife, whatever it is).

Bruno

> which is close to not making much sense to me (even without comp)

To hell with "comp"!

 John K Clark