Concerning the pre nausea and post nausea, I think that a post nauseam
society is burning their last fuel, like a star  burn heavier and heavier
elements until it implodes.  In this case, following the game-theoretical
logic that I mentioned,

the "naked reality" comes from the disbelief in their common beliefs rites
and sacrifices and cellebrations, so the post-nauseans have to construct
auxiliary myths around which to create new institutions, offer public
sacrifices in order to construct mutual trust and coordinate. These new
myths are more and more diverse and fragmentary and often the sacrifices
consist into offending the myths of the others in public demonstrations.
The increase of distrust make these demonstrations more violent. Finally
the fragmentation proceed until the only ties are the hard ones:
brotherhood and neighbourhood, that is:  the tribal wars for  the blood and
the land.

Alberto.