On 05 Dec 2013, at 17:20, Jason Resch wrote:

So if you were to spend a day in the box with Schrodinger's cat (each hour having a 50% chance of poisoning you), what would you predict experience to be at the end of that day?

I like to answer this by this: At the end of the day I feel well and kiss the cat, together with a total amnesia of having gazed, which begin by a nausea, vomiting, cruel pain and agonizing death. I would put quantum flowers on 'his' quantum tomb to have died for me. Respect for the little kitty too.

Are you OK for this? I pay you 10,000$ for accepting to sleep one night in my sleep laboratory, I tell you in advance that you will live a quite intense nightmare, but I promise you that you will be 100% amnesic of it and you will unaffected by the experience, are you OK?

The slowing of the annihilation illustrates something weird. Before the experience the probability are one halve that you will feel either just passing a boring day with a cat in some chamber, or going through a slow unpleasant (ending?) event. Yet the probability that you survive, above one day, the experience seems to be still one. It is part of a finite path elimination process, from the 1p perspective. It is analogous to the backtracking. I am not sure it is correct as I cannot be sure the agonizing near death experience terminates, and for who? Nothing is simple here.

I accept *total* annihilation experience only in thought experience! In practice it might not exist. We don't know (and can't know) our substitution level, and it depends on what you are willing to abandon, or to what you identify with is. 1-annihilation experiences are near death experiences. Is it clear that they have endings in the arithmetical reality? Who knows?

The same can be asked for some type of dreams, and altered states of consciousness.

In my opinion, understanding a theorem in arithmetic already provides a glimpse on a deep and atemporal experience, connected to the first person in virtue of an argument.