On 12/20/2013 11:18 AM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
Hi Brent,

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 12/20/2013 1:07 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

    The non-cloning theorem should be obvious, given that any piece of
    "matter" needs the entire UD* to get describe exactly, given that the
appearance of
    matter is only the result of the FPI on all computations (an infinite

    That seems to prove to much. Although QM says you can't clone an unknown
state, you
    can exactly reproduce a state; and elementary particles are elementary
because they
    are indistinguishable.  Your reasoning above seems to imply that every bit
of matter
    will be unique, an infinite set of relations.

I don't think so! Bruno's argument would still work for indistinguishable particles one we figure out that particles are NEVER isolated entities. Their properties follow only from their possible interaction values. Have you noticed that in GR there are no particles, only events? We can observe an electron here and an electron there and we cannot distinguish between them, they are fungible, and yet they are not "in the same place".

It's more than we just can't distinguish them. Bose-Einstein statistics gives different thermodynamics than Mawell-Boltzman.

Maybe the exchange symmetry is hidding under what Bruno is considering, re the non-cloning theorem.