> On 26 Jun 2014, at 8:07 am, David Nyman <da...@davidnyman.com> wrote:
>
> The principal assumption then is that all phenomena whatsoever can be reduced
> without loss to some "primitive" (i.e. assumptively irreducible) basis, in
> which process the higher levels are effectively eliminated. Equivalently, one
> might say it's bottom-up all the way down. As an analogy, in the human
> sphere, this would be the contention that all political or sociological
> phenomena whatsoever can be reduced without loss to the behaviour and
> relations of individual human beings (i.e. what Margaret Thatcher presumably
> intended by "there's no such thing as society").
>
> David

All political and sociological phenomena whatsoever CAN be reduced without loss
to the behaviour and relations of individual human beings. In addition, when
was Margaret Thatcher ever wrong about something? ;-)

So you lose a few 'isms' in this view...sounds like a good idea to me.

If Bruno is right the only thing that is real are persons who are essentially
minds or computational relations anyway. Bruno is not saying there is no
sunstrate or 'hypothese'. He's dropping continual heavy hints as to what it is.
But, we just can't really describe that with a mind. The hammer cannot hit
itself. Blame Gödel or someone...

Kim