On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> >> I predict that the H-guy will see Helsinki, unless you destroy him
> immediately after duplication
>
> > That is indeed the case in the step 3 protocol.

Fine, then currently nobody is seeing Helsinki.

> >> in which case the H-guy will see absolutely nothing.
>
> > Then the H-person dies already at step 1 and 0.

It's just a matter of arbitrary definitions.  Is the H-person the guy
currently seeing Helsinki or is he not?  If he is and nobody is currently
seeing Helsinki then the Helsinki Man no longer exists and the correct
prediction of what the Helsinki man would see would be oblivion. However if
the Helsinki man is anybody who remembers being the Helsinki Man (a more
useful definition in my opinion) then BOTH the Moscow Man and the
Washington Man are the Helsinki Man and therefore the correct prediction
about what the Helsinki Man would see would have been Moscow AND
Washington.

> Incidentally, this contradicts the fact that you have already agreed that
> both the W-person and the M-person are genuinely the H-person.

As I say it all depends on what  definition "H-person" has.

> You assume comp

I don't assume it, I can't assume what I don't understand and your little
homemade term "comp" is nonstandard and is used on this list and nowhere
else.  I know what "computationalism" means but "comp" remains as big a
mystery as all those vague personal pronouns, shifting definitions and
peepee floating around.

  John K Clark