I'm sorry, but I can't let you say that charlie hebdo was a racist
magazine... it's simply false, they were fundamentally against
institutionalized religions, that's true... whatever they are, but racist
certainly not... it was a satyrical political magazine...

Quentin

everything-list@googlegroups.com>:

> *From:* everything-list@googlegroups.com [mailto:
> everything-list@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *LizR
>

> On 11 January 2015 at 15:50, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When people criticise others' faiths, firstly it hurts others feeling
> making the criticism fall on deaf ears.
>

> >>When people criticise others' faiths, it's more than feelings that get
> hurt.
>

> Have you seen the cartoons… that went beyond criticizing or poking fun at
> someone else’s faith… the portrayal of the prophet (for those of that
> faith) is obscene, insulting, gratuitously degrading in overt sexual manner
> meant purely to offend. It has no redeeming quality to it. They published a
> stream of disgusting bigoted religious, ethnic and racial stereotypes; not
> just a single time – it was that papers bread and butter  -- including such
> gems as a stereotypical portrayal of pregnant African woman (with
> exaggerated racially offensive features and fat post rape bellies) with the
> caption casually and cruelly calling them welfare mothers. That is just
> offensive to me, in the fucking extreme. It is pornographically ugly racist
> & sexist hate speech to portray those underage victims like that – IMO.
>
> I defend their right of free speech in the same manner as I defend the
> right of the KKK or Nazi skinheads to march. Free speech is only free as
> long as it extends to even the most obnoxious hate groups (including the
> racist newspaper Charlie Hebdo)… Free speech extends to racists, fascists,
> sectarian, nationalist, and ethnocentric bigots. I abhor their message, yet
> support their right to speech **on principal** -- even though they would
> and are doing their best to take away my freedom of speech.
>
> But there is nothing noble or ennobling about Charlie Hebdo, or the
> hateful racist people who made a living producing and disseminating such
> racist filth and ethnic hatred. The person I feel sorry for is that poor on
> duty cop, who got wasted. As for the editor and staff they got the Darwin
> Award as far as I am concerned. Fuck them, they were fucking racist
> assholes who did their best to make this world uglier and bring it down to
> their level.
>
> The Takfiri Salafist brainwashed assholes who did this are also exemplars
> of the same disease, coming from a different direction. Nor am I sad that
> they are dead either.
>
> I abhor and condemn their actions, and don’t think anybody should die for
> expressing their thoughts – even if those thoughts are repugnant racist
> crap like Charlie Hebdo excelled at sullying the earth with. But in the
> same breath, I find nothing, even remotely admirable in the ugly
> stereotyping ethnic hatred that was their staple fare.
>
> Nor do I mourn their loss, they did their level best to piss off 1.2
> billion people on this planet and eventually some really pissed off violent
> crazies – from the group their hate speech targeted – took matters into
> [...]

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)