> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>
> ​>> ​
>>> That does not compute. If ​BOTH answer are correct
>>> ​ then the Helsinki man will see Moscow AND Washington not ​
>>> Moscow
>>> ​OR​
>>>  Washington
>>> ​. Come on Bruno, this isn't rocket science.​
>>>

>> ​> ​
>> Let us ask all the copies if any of them saw M and W.
>>

> ​Why ask them that? The bet isn't about what any one copy will see
> because we already know what that will be with 100% certainty, Mr. W will
> see W and Mr. M will see M. The bet, at least as I see it,  is "Tomorrow
> how many cities will beings who remember asking the question today be in?".
> If that's not the bet then I have no idea what the bet is and I very
> strongly suspect you don't know either.

You're the only one who don't know... or more correctly put *who don't want
to know and will do anything to fake understanding*... because if you did,
you would have to admit and assume your 10 years+ trolling. The bet *is*:

You (the only you existing right now) are in front of a button that when
you push it, will instantly make two copy of you (the one in front of the
button) and put one in Moscow and one in Washington and destroy the you
(the one in front of the button) at the same moment. It is asked to the you
in front of the button what city he will expect to see after pushing the
button... You (the one in front of the button) have a paper where it is
asked for to write the name of a city, or a composition (like with a OR or
an AND), that paper is duplicated at the same time as you (the one in front
of the button) and sent in alongside the copy. The bet is then verified
after pushing the button and checking with each copy if what was written on
the paper correspond to what they live... you could have write 4 things on
that paper:

1- Moscow
2- Washington
3- Moscow AND Washington
4- Moscow OR Washington

At the verification step, it is easy to see the following:

If you (the one in front of the button) have bet option 1:
   - The one in Moscow confirms he is seeing moscow and wins.
   - The one in Washington denies he is seeing moscow and loses.
If you (the one in front of the button) have bet option 2:
   - The one in Moscow denies he is seeing Washington and loses.
   - The one in Washington confirms he is seeing Washington and wins.
If you (the one in front of the button) have bet option 3:
   - The one in Moscow denies he is seeing Washington AND Moscow and loses.
 (indeed he is currently seeing Moscow and only Moscow)
   - The one in Washington denies he is seeing Washington AND Moscow and
loses. (indeed he is currently seeing Moscow and only Moscow)
If you (the one in front of the button) have bet option 4:
   - The one in Moscow confirms he is seeing Washington OR Moscow and wins.
(indeed he is currently seeing Moscow)
   - The one in Washington confirms he is seeing Washington OR Moscow and
wins. (indeed he is currently seeing Washington)

You (the one A*****E trolling constantly on this list) bet 3... *you
lose*.... being to stupid to understand the bet and saying others don't
either does not change help you... clearly the problem is with you, and
it's understandable that you can't acknowledge 10 years of shit talk from
you.

So now, please go do your peepee elsewhere, thank you.

> ​> ​
>> Oops, none of them saw two cities
>

> ​
> One can't be in 2 cities at the same time, but 2 can be
> ​,​
> and so can Bruno Marchal because Bruno Marchal
> ​ ​
> has been duplicated. That's what "duplicated" means and duplication has
> consequences
> ​,​
> and some of them are odd, not paradoxical just odd.
>
> I've asked the following question 4 times and you've refused to answer 4
> times but I'm going to ask for a fifth time because it gets to the very
> heart of the topic:
>
> *Are the following 2 questions equivalent?*
>
> 1) What will I see tomorrow?
> 2) Tomorrow what will the person who remembers being me right now see?
>
> I can answer that question and the answer is YES. You should be able to
> answer it too with a simple YES or NO, and I don't want to hear any pee
> dodges of the question because the same level of pee and iterations of pee
> and any other convolutions of pee applies equally to both questions. So are
> they equivalent or are they not? If you can't provide a simple one word
> answer to that question then you quite literally don't know what you're
> arguing in favor of and you're wasting your time and ours.
>
> John K Clark

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)