> On 15 May 2019, at 13:18, Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 5:50 PM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
> On 10 May 2019, at 15:16, Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com
> <mailto:bhkellet...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 8:51 PM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
>> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
>>
>> That is impossible. The first person plural is when two persons enter the
>> annihilation box. They will share the indeterminacy, but that indeterminacy
>> is still 1p. The “3p” see only two guys being duplicated.
>>
>> In your duplication experiments, but not in QM; no one 'sees' the quantum
>> superposition continuing after a measurement has been made.
>
> Which duplication experiments. The one is step 3, or the one in step seven?
> The whole point is that the second one should give the entanglement, and that
> is why I study the modes of self-reference corresponding to it, and there, we
> do find a quantum formalism.
>
> I am talking about person duplication as in step 3. There is no other form of
> duplication involved. Step 7 introduces the dovetailer, with the possibility
> of multiple computational threads passing through the same conscious state.
> But that is not duplication —

It is duplication (multiplication) by the invariance of delays, the
virtual/physical first person invariance, etc.
You can call them “arithmetical preparation” but they put us, here and now, in
front of an infinite self-multiplication.

> it is just separate persons having the same thoughts by chance.

But then, they are the same person, and they are confronted with the global (on
the UD work) first person indeterminacy.

> Nothing to do with entanglement in either case. You do not find the quantum
> formalism anywhere.

By reversing a theorem by Goldblatt, the “material modes” of self)reference do
give the necessary beginning of the quantum formalism.

You ignore the translation of the UDA in arithmetic.

>> The mechanist definition of the first person plural correspond to the
>> quantum notion of entanglement, or what I describe often as the contagion of
>> superposition, due to the linearity of the tensor product.
>>
>> That is totally meaningless; your 1pp has nothing to do with entanglement.
>
> If you prove this, and assuming QM correct, you refute Mechanism (modulo a
> logical possible malevolent “bostromian” simulation).
>
> OK, then Mechanism is falsified. Because you have not shown that quantum
> entanglement arises from personal duplication.

False. We miss the existence of objet to which entanglement applies, but we
have the fact that if they appear, there will be entanglement. Wr do explain
the quantum logic aspect of any possible “nature” available to machines.

The goal is not in doing physics. Physics does that quite well. The goal is in
explaining where physics come from, and this without adding ontological
commitment incompatible with mechanism and the existence of consciousness.

Bruno