--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Curtis wrote:
> > When I stopped meditating about 19 years ago it felt
> > a little weird for a few days and I sometimes had to
> > take an afternoon nap since I was used to resting then.
> > But in less than a week I felt great and have never
> > desired the state again.  I found that dissociation
> > caused me to be a little detached from my feelings in
> > a way that muffled them a bit. I enjoy the clarity non
> > meditation has brought.
> >
> You stopped TM when you lost your innocence and began
> the practice of Guru Yoga, as pointed out by Mr. McGurk.
> This probably happened about the time that you decided
> to become a teacher of TM. In reality, you have never
> stopped meditation, for the simple fact that you never
> began meditation.

No Richard I was a good little innocent meditator till the end.  Sorry
to disappoint you.  Becoming a teacher gives you a lot more
understanding of the practice as well as a lot more experience in it.
 The "Guru Yoga" concept it a fabrication that is outside MMY's
teaching.  I had all the predictable experiences that MMY's discusses
when I was involved.  Your attempt to appear as if you could know such
a thing about me without the use of your senses is not your strongest
cognitive move.

> In fact, you were born into a state of meditation, but
> as you grew older you became dissassoiated with your
> real state - your mind became slowly identified with the
> material world of name and form, until it became totally
> overshadowed by your material nature.

I read those books too.

> When you started TM you probably transcended for a few
> moments - this would be called a flashback to your
> previous state of divine innocence - but then you stopped
> transcending and somehow became involved in Guru Yoga,
> following the Marshy. Your spiritual life would have
> probably evolved over time if you had remained in that
> innocent state. Instead you must have developed a hankering
> for intellectual knowledge which then began to overshadow
> your enlightened state.

Yeah, "hankering for intellectual knowledge" is the enemy of
innocence.  It fills your mind with all that "stuff".  Ignorance it
bliss huh?

> With time you became more and more enmeshed in the
> material world, thus losing your contact with the
> transcendent. Now you only see through a glass darkly;
> your previous clear state has now become almost lost
> due to your being caught up in the material world. You've
> lost the abilty and the opportunity to burn up your karmic
> accumulations. Your only hope now is to find a true
> spiritual teacher.

Like you have, no doubt?  If I was more like you and saw things your
way I would be better in every way!  "Caught up in the material
world", I guess you mean living life.  Yeah, that is a problem for me.

News flash: I don't have original sin and I don't have karmic debt.
These concepts were made up by ancient people and they are optional.
You may have a use for joining them in these beliefs.  I don't.  I am
fine just the way I am and am not off anyone else's path.  I am
enjoying my own.  You enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine, and no throwing
sand in the sandbox.  OK?