On Jul 21, 2006, at 10:49 PM, sparaig wrote:

On Jul 21, 2006, at 8:40 PM, Vaj wrote:

On Jul 21, 2006, at 7:29 PM, authfriend wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

On Jul 21, 2006, at 3:30 PM, Paul Mason wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

wrote:

I've never heard anything other than that.  I never

heard that Guru Dev himself gave MMY the technique.

 On 8th July 1971 in Amherst, U.S.A., Maharishi Mahesh Yogi made

the

following statement which contradicts the assumption that he never

claimed the TM technique came from Guru Dev Shankaracharya Swami

Brahmanand Saraswati.

'But the great impact of Guru Dev, in his lifetime, in bringing

out so

clearly and in such simple words, this technique of TM. And his,

his

blessing for, for this movement which came out much after he left

his

body. Because there was no, no occasion during his lifetime for,

for

any of his intimate blessed disciples to go out of his presence

and

that's why this any such movement to bless the world couldn't have

started during his time'.

As has been repeated here before many times

(Which must make it true...)

, and also verified by

Dana Sawyer in his research with SBS's sect the Dandis

Documentation, please.  On what basis was it "verified"?

You'd have to ask Dana. He's talked to many of these guys. I have

his article on the Dandis and it may mention it simply in passing,

as what they do with householders.

Keep in mind there are teachers in the Shank. tradition who will

realize a certain student is ripe for non-dual meditation and teach

them a method that isn't as dualistic as meditation with an object.

Very interesting comment on Mahesh's lack of credibility that

validates much of what I've shared:

How do educated middle and upper middle class

Indians view MMY and the TMO? How do other saints in India view MMY?

Pandits who are on the MMY payroll speak highly of him. No one else

does.

That's my experience. In Banaras, where some of the most respected

pandits in India reside, his name is mud. He has a reputation for

catering to big money, movie stars, and that ilk. In the religious

community he is perceived as an uppity, low caste manipulator. Frankly,

outside of his own org I've never heard a positive comment about him

while

in India these past eleven trips.

One reason he left India, I'm sure.BTW, how many of those most respected pandits ever sat

next to Tate Wale Baba with their hand on his knee?

Michael Jackson?