My response is this:
I write and arrange MUCH better using Finale instead of paper and pencil. I guess my inner ear is just not advanced enough to be able to write and know exactly how something will sound, so I rely on Finale playback to test my "theories." I think that Beethoven and Mozart would have used Finale if it were available back in their day.




The request for new topics plus the fact that there's a Mythbusters marathon
going on got me thinking about confirming or busting a notation myth. I've
heard many composers state that composing/arranging on paper with pencil is
not only preferable but artistically "better" than composing directly into a
computer notation application.

What are your thoughts? Discuss.

-Rob

--
Dr. Rob Deemer
Composer/Conductor
www.robdeemer.com
www.myspace.com/robdeemer

Assistant Professor
Composition Department Chair
School of Music
SUNY-Fredonia

The Composer Next Door
Producer/Host
KCSC-FM
www.thecomposernextdoor.org
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to