It seems as though the point of my plugin post is being lost. The point was
that with 3rd-party plugins you can design a work flow in Finale that is
highly efficient. That Dorico can achieve comparable efficiency out of the
box is to its credit, but my point is that it is quite possible to achieve
a similar level of efficiency with Finale. Doing so requires thought,
planning and, above all, 3rd-party plugins.

What you absolutely *can't* do in Finale is multi-turn slurs like Dorico
apparently has. And that is one (among many) failures of Coda
Music/MakeMusic to show leadership. They could have implemented multi-turn
slurs 15 years ago and been an industry first mover. I know because I
suggested it then and at regular intervals since. This is but one example.

Nevertheless I would also dispute that the current dev staff at Makemusic
lacks commitment or talent. On the contrary, my dealings with them reveal a
talented staff that knows the code base and is committed to improving it.
If there are leadership problems at Makemusic, they are higher up than the
developer staff I deal with.