Craig makes some very important points. Added to the fact that Finale is basically frozen in time is it's horrible corporate history, having been sold from company to company because nobody has any idea what to do with it. There is a very real fear that someday whichever company owns Finale at that point might try to sell it, find no buyers and then just let it die forever, leaving all Finale users high and dry and in need of other notation software to move to.

One additional point I would make is that like all human discussion groups, the discussion moves in whatever direction those who are doing the discussing move it. If someone wants to get it back more focused on Finale, then it's important that they raise a question or make a statement for others to discuss.

This group is not lead by designated discussion leaders -- we're all responsible for the discussions.

So ask a finale related question and see where the discussion goes.

David H. Bailey