If Finale were doing any significant developments to their product I'm sure we would be happy to talk about that.  It is the fact that Finale is basically frozen in time that causes people to think about what other options are available and practical.

In the case of this thread, the main question seems to be how difficult it would be to make a move to Dorico if a person uses the various FInale plug-ins very heavily. If this doesn't interest you, that's OK, but it seems to be a rather important question for those who depend on the plug-ins.

Those Finale plug-ins don't always have a direct counterpart in Dorico.  That's why it is necessary to talk in some depth about how Dorico operates.