David Megginson writes:
> Curtis L. Olson writes:
>
>  > Your cows are hideous but humorous.  On my computer they are missing
>  > the head. :-)
>
> If you're flying close enough to notice, you're flying too low (I've
> been waiting almost 24 hours to make that comment).

I want to see the fear in their eyes as they scatter.  But seriously,
I really like cows, I would never try to scare them like that.  :-)

>  > In real life you'd likely see clustered groups of cows rather than
>  > randomly spread out over a field.
>
> Ditto for trees -- you'll tend to see stands of trees of the same type
> grouped together rather than, say, pine and maple mixed randomly.  Any
> suggestions?

Tough problem.  I think it will be likely that if we go beyond
something simple, we'd be better off letting a human place the trees
(or come up with some sort of image processing util that can pick off
every tree position from a aerial/satellite image.)