John Barrett writes:
> And I envision a "client" that handles multiple AI aircraft on behalf of a
> server thats plenty busy enuf handling message passing and other management
> functionality (this "client" really it could be considered part of the
> server, but so much of the code is the same compared to a client, there
> really isnt a reason not to leverage the existing client code and distribute
> the processing to other machines, and the same code will be in the server so
> if the requirements are light enough, the server could be instancing the
> planes)

Just asking questions here ... let's say that 10 people want to meet
up and fly around a particular airport, and each of those 10
interactive sessions by default generates 10 AI aircraft each to make
the skies interesting, things could get quite busy.  It seems like
you'd have to come up with some protocol to arbitrate who instantiates
and controls which aircraft distributed accross all the different
clients.  That sounds like it could get really complex in order to do
correctly with out any goof ups.  I'm not saying it can't be done,
just that it seems like this could quickly grown into an extremly
complex system.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org