Yep, this is OK. My thought was a viewer that can be
        1. Added to the panel component (or)
        2. A PDFEditorKit, as we have HTMLEditorKit.

Acrobat reader is a outside application. If I launch it through a swing
application, it gives the splash screen etc. etc. The idea is to develop a
viewer which can be part of the swing application.

Ramana.

Rhett Aultman Wrote:

I can't speak for others, but this has never been a problem in my time as a
user of FOP.  My general FO document development process:

1) Fiddle with FO document
2) Run through FOP, producing PDF file
3) Point my web browser at the PDF file
4) Web browser launches PDF viewer, either as a plugin or an external
process (depending on if I'm at my Windows or Solaris box)
5) I view the document, closing the external reader, if necessary

How much more simple could it get?  If it's really that much of a nuisance,
why not write a .BAT file or other form of shell script to run FOP and then
launch a PDF reader to read the file?  The process of doing so is fairly
simple and direct.  I'm fairly sure that most people using FOP can follow
such a process.