Hi tom.

Firstly, I'm a huge If fan myself, and have just been getting back into playing, which is great.

I can highly recommend the tads games worlds apart and Bable, the Zcode games Pytho's mask, and the djinni Chronicles and anything you can find by Paul Obrian.

While I'd be intI've also been trying out some of Malinche's commercial titles (well the demo's of them anyway), and their not half bad, though a litle frustrating in parts.

For an honest opinion on whether Usa games should write If though, to be honest Tom, your one of the very few people with the knowhow to create actual audio games.

While I'm sure you could come up with some great If, as there are literally thousands of If games available, but a distinct lack of audio games (especially in certain genre areas), I'd personally suggest that your tallents could be more usefully employed elsewhere.

Obviously the decision is up to you, and as I said, I said this is nothing to do with the quality of your If writing, ----- it's just a supply and demand thing.

On the other hand, if you were planning something multimedia, custom programmed as opposed to one of the standard If languages, ---- perhaps a sort of interactive fiction in audio (the sort of thing Chillingham should have been), then I think it's a great idea.

Beware the Grue!