As for voice preference, my own would be:
1. AT&T Mike
2. Eloquence

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 8:56 AM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] Cross Platform Speech Support

Hi all,
As most of you know I am currently updating MOTA 0.5 to use the new
cross platform Genesis engine that uses open source game development
APIs such as SDL rather than DirectX. However, I do need your input on
something since there obviously is going to be a rather big difference
in the way speech is handled with the new engine.
In the current 0.4 release of MOTA the game gets DirectX and Sapi 5
support from the Windows specific engine. Since there is no Sapi 5 on
Mac OS and Linux the newer Genesis engine uses wav files of pre-recorded
speech to announce status messages, menus, etc rather than any OS
specific TTS engine. There are several other game developers that do it
this way like Draconis, GMA, and BSC so this isn't something new for
accessible games. It is also just easier to do it this way when building
a cross platform engine rather than trying to support Gnome-Speech,
Apple Voices, and Sapi 5 with the  same game engine. Which brings me to
my question.
I was going to have someone do the voice overs for the menus, status
messages, for 0.5 but do to other commitments and scheduling our plans
fell through. For the time being i am going to have to record all the
messages using a TTS engine such as the AT&T Voices, Scansoft Voices,
Cepstral Voices, etc. If you had a choice which of the following voices
do you personally prefer?

AT&T Crystal
AT&T Mike
Scansoft Daniel