OhI realize that. All I was saying was that the only reason I even bother with Eloquence for my screen reader is because of its response time. I've already experienced the way it sounds in some of Jim's games. It sort of fits there but it would be horribly out of place in a game like MOTA. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Cross Platform Speech Support

Hi Bryan,
Yeah. however, the thing to keep in mind since these are wav files, not the TTS voice itself, the voices aren't going to be more responsive, faster, etc no matter what voice is being used. If someone picks Eloquence for the game, because it is more responsive, that is a misnomer. It won't be any more responsive, fluid, etc than any other voice because how well the game loads and plays the voice messages will depend heavily on your CPU.

Bryan Peterson wrote:
I totally agree. The only reason I use Eloquence in my screen reader at all is because of its admittedly fast response time. But as far as I'm concerned no Eloquence voice belongs in a game like MOTA.