Hi James,
Well, the way DirectX works it supports all kinds of joysticks, game pads, and racing wheels all with the same code. So I am fairly certain that most 10 button joysticks or game pads will work with the game. However, since Jim has designed the game for a racing wheel that would be ideal for this game since racing wheels have gas and break peddles, a throddle control, and some extras that most joysticks don't have. In a racing game like this those extra controls might be very important to have.
Smile.

James Dietz wrote:
Am I right in guessing that any type of joystick will due (not just
one of those fancy racing steering wheels which I've never really had
a good look at)? If so I will promptly kick myself for not digging
mine up before leaving for school. Oh well, 2 weeks until I'm home.